DuraMectin (ivermectin) Paste provides effective treatment and control of the following parasites in horses. Large Strongyles (adults)- Strongylus vulgaris (also early forms in blood vessels), S. edentatus (also tissue stages), S. equinus, Triodontophorus spp. including T. brevicauda and T. serratus and Craterostomum acuticaudatum; Small Strongyles (adults, including those resistant to some benzimidazole class compounds)- Coronocyclus spp. including C. coronatus, C. labiatus and C. labratus, Cyathostomum spp. including C. catinatum and C. pateratum; Cylicocyclus spp. including C. insigne, C. leptostomum, C. nassatus, and C. brevicapsulatus; Cylicodontophorus spp.; Cylicostephanus spp. including C. calicatus, C. goldi, C. longibursatus, and C. minutus and Petrovinema poculatum; Small Strongyles- Fourthstage larvae; Pinworms (adults and fourth-stage larvae)- Oxyuris equi; Ascarids (adults, third-stage and fourth-stage larvae)- Parascaris equorum; Hairworms (adults)- Trichostrongylus axei; Largemouth Stomach Worms (adults)- Habronema muscae; Bots (oral and gastric stages)- Gasterophilus spp. including G. intestinalis and G. nasalis; Lungworms (adults and fourth-stage larvae)- Dictyocaulus arnfieldi; Intestinal Intestinal Threadworms (adults)- Strongyloides westeri; Summer Sores caused by Habronema and Draschia spp. cutaneous third-stage larvae; Dermatitis caused by neck threadworm microfilariae, Onchocerca spp.
- Kills important internal parasites, including bots and the arterial stages of S.vulgaris, with a single dose
- Safe to use in horses of all ages, including mares at any stage of pregnancy
- Stallions may be treated without adversely affecting their fertility
- Provides the broadest spectrum parasite control available. Kills 35 species and stages combined of worms and bots
- Allows horses to reach their full potential by providing effective, safe parasite protection
- Potent antiparisitic agent that is neither a benzimidazole nor an organophosphate
- Convenient, easy-to-use syringe allows for fast, fool-proof application
- Directions – One syringe contains sufficient paste to treat one 1250 lb horse at the recommended dose rate of 91 mcg ivermectin per lb (200 mcg/kg) body weight. Each weight marking on the syringe plunger delivers enough paste to treat 250 lb body weight. Please refer to package label for complete use directions.
- WARNING! A number of Durvet products including Duramectin Equine Dewormer, Ivermectin Equine Dewormer, Ivermectin Sheep Drench, Ivermectin Pour On, Ivermectin Injection and Ivermectin Plus Injection contain the anti-parasite ingredient Ivermectin. Despite media reports that Ivermectin could potentially be used to treat people with COVID-19, these products are not safe or approved for human use, which could cause severe personal injury or death.